Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pasadena Marathon November 16th




Well, this WOULD have been my first ever Marathon, but unfortunately, the event got canceled due to poor air quality because of the local fires. My alarm was ready for 4:30am to get myself mentally "prepared" for the 4 plus hours that awaited me. 4:05am, Jackie calls me to tell me that it was cancelled, yes the race I've been waiting for 4 years got canceled. This is the 4th marathon that I "almost" make. 4:15am, the cancellation is confirmed with an email :(

There are no words to express my disappointment so I wont go into that. The pictures above are pics that my sister Annie took of me. One day, I will have the "real" picture. I wore my shirt and bib all day long and I still haven't taken my chip off from my shoes...
My entire family came to see me run, Mom from San Diego and cousins and aunt from Orange County. Money was spent on food and booze to celebrate afterwards. Lots of people really did lose a lot of money on this event being canceled. People spent money on hotels and airfare, others spent money on entertaining out of town guest and the owners of the Marathon are thousands in debt.
My knee hadn't been doing well in the last couple of weeks AND I didn't train as I should have. This now gives me the chance to lose a few pounds and really do my training right. No word yet on rescheduling the event but I will definitely keep you guys posted.















No comments: